There are now more options for people to get their COVID-19 vaccine in Waterloo region.
One new clinic opened in Kitchener on Thursday at the Forest Hill Centre on Greenbrook Drive.
Next Tuesday, a new clinic will open at the Langs satellite site in Ayr, which is at the North Dumfries Community Health Centre on Greenfield Road.
People booking their COVID-19 vaccine appointment can now also choose from those two locations, the region said in a news release on Thursday.
All vaccinations are by appointment only and walk-ins are not accepted.
The full list of vaccination clinics can be found on the region’s website.
AstraZeneca now available
The AstraZeneca vaccine is now available at some primary care providers. People who are age 55 and over need to book their appointments for this vaccine through their doctor’s office and not through the region’s website.
The offices currently offering the AstraZeneca vaccine are:
- Delta Coronation Family Health Organization, Cambridge.
- Cambridge Medical Associates.
- Centre for Family Medicine, Waterloo.
- Forbes Park Medical Centre (Forbes Family Health Organization), Cambridge.
- Dr. Kathleen Bedrosian, Waterloo.
- The Medical Clinic (MD Care Family Health Organization), Waterloo.
- Nith Valley Family Practice, New Hamburg.
- SRS Medical Centre at The Boardwalk (Kitchener-Waterloo Family Health Organization), Waterloo.
- Waterloo Region Family Health Organization, Waterloo.
As well, starting this week, select pharmacies in Waterloo region are booking appointments for the AstraZeneca vaccine. Locations and instructions on how to book an appointment are on the provincial website.